I Love You Korbyn Lee Hopwood

No one else will ever know the strength of my Love for you;
After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.
-Love Mommy


Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2 months!

Today Korbyn is 2 months old!!!! 2 months really isnt that long of a time but yet it seems like so long ago he was born and i cant even remember what it was like without my little angel. It seems like he has been with us for A LOT longer then just 2 months.

We took him in to get his shots this morning at 10. My mom and I both were VERY suprised to hear that he weighs 16 lbs 2 ounces!!!!!!!!! The last time he was weighed he was only 12 lbs 3 ounces. I was expecting something more along the lines of 14 lbs but not 16!!! Thats my little Chunker! Haha! Hes also 24 1/2 inches so hes getting longer. I always think that he is little in length when i see other babies around his age but they said for his age his length was 89%. So he really isnt short at all...but then again it might be because his belly is so round and huge! He is 99% in weight for his age! Theres not much i can do though the kid loves his bottle!!

We were gonna start giving him rice cereal in his formula pretty soon but Dr. Lane said to wait until he is 4 months because the cereal will make him eat less formula and he needs all the fat in the formula for brain development. Im sure by the time he is 4 months he will be wanting more then one bottle! Hes been eating 6 ounce bottles for the past couple weeks.

He did really good getting his shots though. He only got 2 today because i decided to split them up and not risk the chance of him getting Autism. Id rather be safe then sorry even if the shots dont cause Autism. He goes back on January 6th to get the last 2 vaccines. He cried for like less then a minute and then was back to his normal self and passed out as soon as we put him in his car seat. Hes been extra snuggly and wanting to just lay on me and cuddle since this morning though. Mommy doesnt mind!!

1 comment:

  1. Geez I didnt know Korbyn was that big! At that age he was as long as korbyn but only 15 pounds..and I thought Bro was big. Imm glad that he didnt get too upset with his shots. It breaks my heart to see them cry like that.

    ReplyDelete