I Love You Korbyn Lee Hopwood

No one else will ever know the strength of my Love for you;
After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.
-Love Mommy


Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What Contractions?!?!?!

OKAY! today was my LAST doctors appointment being preggers! and im sooooooooooo excited about it. They had me go down to the hospital because my blood pressure went up quite a bit and they wanted to do a stress test to make sure Korbyn is doing ok since hes about a week past due.
They hooked me up to a monitor and attached 2 circular things on my belly to monitor Korbyn's heart rate and see if i was having contractions. I had to press a button everytime he moved and it would print out on a paper to see if his heart rate increased when he moved. We were only there for about 45 minutes since Korbyn moves around so much. Everything looked fine and He is still doing great....
They also told me that i was having contractions! That caught me completely off gaurd since i couldnt feel a thing! The nurse said they were irregular and about 3-7 minutes apart. They also said that a lot of times it can either be just warm ups for your body to get ready or it could be the start of labor but there really isnt anyway they can tell. Soooooooooo, i just have to get through tomorrow and then bright and early thursday morning they will give me the medicines and start the process unless my body decides to do it itself sometime tonight or tomorrow!

I still cant believe that in about a day or two im going to have my baby in my arms for everyone to see and love! Wish me Luck!!

2 comments:

  1. OHH im soo excited for you! your going to absolutly love being a mommy, its the best. and get used to those two circular things they put on your tummy, theyll be there the whole time ur in labor, it gets uncomfertable!isnt it wierd that u can have contractions but not feel them, thats how i was too. Goog luck tomorrow, youll do great i just know...just try not to think of the pain, think of that precious little angel waiting to met mommy and daddy. dont forget to have someone call me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Korbyn is so gorgious, I love him already! haha such a sweet baby. You did an awsome job, and your going to be a great mom. I cant wait till our boys can play together.

    ReplyDelete